• Martha Lewis

Stress is Only 5% of The Problem


We think of stress as bad. But there’s good stress (the kind that pushes you to perform well) and bad stress (what feels out of our control and keeps us up at night).


The stressor itself is really only 5% of the problem. Our thoughts about that stressor are the other 95%. How we perceive something “stressful” makes all the difference.


For example, the fact that you can’t sleep is 5% of the problem. The other 95% is your anxiety about sleeping, your worry that you won’t be able to function the next day and your misery of being tired but awake in the night.


Besides using lab testing to find the physical causes of my clients’ insomnia, I also teach them how to control their thoughts about sleep and the stressors in their lives. This mental work is just as important as finding the physical cause. If you don’t change the way you perceive the stress in your life, your hormones won’t get back in balance, your gut won’t fully heal and you won’t permanently get your sleep back. All that stress that led you to not sleeping in the first place will keep your body unhealthy.


That’s why it’s important to look at both the body and the mind when you have insomnia. Sleep coaches address the mental part of insomnia but they don’t look at the body. Doctors treat the physical part with a pill. There’s nothing else out there that looks at both the physical and mental reasons why you can’t sleep, at the same time, in the same program in a natural way. My clients get their sleep back because my program addresses both the body and the mind.


If you’re sick and tired of not sleeping at night and you know deep down that something is wrong, let’s set up a time to chat. During this initial free call, I’ll pinpoint both the mental and the physical reasons why you can’t sleep and tell you exactly how to fix those so you can get the sleep you need. I can’t promise you a great night’s sleep every night (even the best sleepers have some off nights!), but I can promise that I can help you improve your health and your sleep so you start to wake up feeling amazing instead of grumpy and tired.


Schedule your call here!



4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

How to Nap Without Ruining Your Sleep

You are allowed to nap! If you don't sleep well at night, you’ve probably been told not to take a nap during the day. The reason is because you want to build up sleep pressure throughout the day so yo

Contact

Martha Lewis, MS, APSC

Jackson Hole, WY

307-228-1502

completesleepsolution@gmail.com

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon
  • Black Google+ Icon

© 2021 by Complete Sleep Solution, LLC | Sleep Consulting Services

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this site and by Martha Lewis and guests are published for educational and informational purposes only, and are not intended as a diagnosis, treatment or as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis and treatment. Please consult a local physician or other health care professional for your specific health care and/or medical needs or concerns. Information on this website is provided for informational purposes only and not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice. Martha Lewis provides information based on her thorough education and encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. Information provided on this website and the use by you of any products or services referenced on this website DOES NOT create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Martha Lewis. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.